Well, to be fair, the adventure I'm planning (out of DUNGEON #49) requires magic weapons and magic armor, at least, to succeed. So giving them a portable hole and an everfull mug of beer, while vastly amusing, isn't likely to present an enjoyable game experience.

The main thing I'm looking at isn't so much a "standard" amount of treasure, as how many cool items they can have (with minor to moderate FX) so they have options. I'm not talking about handing out vorpral weapons, dancing swords, and staves of the magi here.

Really, what I'm most concerned about is miscellaneous magic - as noted, they're FUN. But I'm trying to avoid a monty-haul-esque atmosphere here. So how much to you guys remember having at these fairly high levels? I mean, we're past the "landed" level (9th) where you get a title and a stronghold as a class feature, which strongly implies you're a hefty mover and shaker...

I guess, for example, the proposed loadout for the Dwarf Fighter9/Cleric9 is the following:

Potion of Healing

Spell Scroll (4 spells, TBA)

Gauntlets of Swimming & Climbing

Girdle of Many Pouches

Lens of Detection

+2 Bronze Plate Mail heavily inscribed with sigils of Moradin

Thunderstrike, +1 Maul (3 charges/day; 1 charge:+2d6 dmg, 2 charges: +2d6 damage and a 60% chance of knocking prone a Medium or smaller opponent, 50% chance of knocking prone a Large opponent)

So, how the magic item porridge? Too hot? Too cold? Just right?