Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
1) Would requiring lots of dice (at least in mid and high level play) per roll make you less likely to play the game. If not, would you change that opinion if another method of generating a similar bell curve without requiring physical dice was presented with it?
Really, this would depend on how many dice. Certainly, a larger number of die rolls tends to slow down combat and makes PbP less appealing. Also, more dice generally equates to less casual gamers, in my (limited) experience.

2) Do you feel that the game mechanics should support Multiple Stat Dependency to minimize 'min/maxing'? If so, do you feel that the Multiple Stat Dependency should be relatively equal among the characters/classes, without a way to make a character dependent on only a single stat?
Yes.

3) Would having a 'point buy' type system for stat generation be something that would make the game more appealing, or would it detract from the game?
A point-buy system makes for better balanced characters, but it does lose some of the excitement of creating your character. However, many people simply reroll until they get a good set anyway, so it doesn't make a huge difference. Optional point buys are useful when people roll appalingly badly.

4) Would having broad, general classes representing general archetypes that can be further customized through character creation and development be a bonus, or would it be something that would make you less likely to play? If less likely, would you rather a 'classless' system (like GURPS) or would you prefer something with more rigid classes (like D&D)?
I prefer classless/archetype systems over rigid classes.

5) Would you be upset if there was no multiclassing/duo-classing? How about if the classes were flexible enough that you could eventually get at least proficient in nearly anything, if you really wanted to?
No, especially if characters were flexible enough to become proficient in nearly anything anyway.

6) Would you like a rich, in-depth world pre-created (for example, releasing the Forgotten Realms world-book along with the Core rules), or would you prefer it to 'keep it simple' and release just game mechanics? If you would like the world pre-created, would you like it in a single, massive book, or would you like the Rulebook, then the Worldbook released simultaneously (likely with a 'package deal'), or would you like to get just the Rulebook out the door fastest, then release the Worldbook some six months to a year later?
Seperate rulebook and worldbook, but a preexisting campaign world encourages players, as it means their GM doesn't have to do too much work to play a few games with the system. After all, you don't want to design a campaign world then find out you don't like the feel of the game, do you?

7) Would you be upset if the rulebook(s) only came in digital format, perhaps with software bundled to make it easier to use (such as dice generator, mapper, and other gaming software), if it meant the rulebook was MUCH less expensive (around $10.00 USD vs $40-$50 for a physical book)?
I dislike reading digital formats, but I don't dislike it enough not to do it. However, I have a laptop and some people don't. Even if only digital formats were released, it'd be nice to print a special hardcover collector's edition at some point for traditionalists.

8) Would you be upset if the rulebook had some form of DRM software which prevented it from being copied more than once, but would allow it to be moved around (so you could put it on your zip drive and bring it to your friend's house, and keep a backup copy at home. You could even let your friend borrow the zip drive, or move the file from the zip drive to HIS computer, but could not cop/paste it to his computer)?
I hate DRM. But then again, I'm not the one losing profits to copyright fraud. The whole subject is slightly irrelevant, as it will eventually be broken and your rules will become torrents. But surely that's a sign of popularity?