Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post

Probably not more than 10 dice at a time, unless you really focused on that particular skill or ability and are extremely high level, with a full boatload of buffs. Note that they will be all the same die size, and almost never has any static bonuses (i.e. +x), which makes it easier for PbP gaming.
If the main set is in a digital format (encouraging a laptop) with a dice roller, then it doesn't matter how many dice are being rolled as the program could be designed to handle the combat round. If going with this route, how about (I know this is farfetched) a player's application for iPhone/Blackberry etc to deal with important rolls?

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
Hmm... I see your point. I was doing it mostly to avoid the "I re-rolled my stats until I got straight 18's, don't I PWN!" problem, particularly because stats are more significant, and have almost no way to increase beyond a certain point.
If the GM doesn't stop this kind of player then they may do that, but I don't know any GM who allows unlimited rerolling. There's nothing wrong with using a point-buy system only though. As has been pointed out above - they allow us to make the sort of characters we want to play.