View Single Post

Thread: GitP PrC Contest Chat Thread

1. - Top - End - #140
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: GitP PrC Contest Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    While I like the idea of a fallen Bard, but the direction you have taken with it seems too corney for a serious game, and not funny enough for a silly one...
    ... It's pretty corny, yeah. That's kind of the point, but not all of it. A bitter and cynical kind of humour, you know?

It seems perhaps overpowered... what are they loosing compared to a straight bard?
    You know, I didn't even consider that. I am used to making base classes and not prestige classes, and the few times I have done prestige classes it was on things fairly lush with class features.

I'll go give it a comb over tomorrow, I was in a weird mood tonight. I'm thinking I'll reduce some caster levels and take off the bard song acquisitions, but I'll look at it more in-depth later. Might just go totally rework the spell list.

Also, without recording devices, "Lawsuit" seems at least slightly limited... what is it? If someone has listened to your songs a lot and starts singing them you can sue them and everyone who actively listens to them?
    Magic! Cover bands! Unofficial merch! It really wasn't set up for traditional Heroic Fantasy. More a way for me to say 'Screw you, Metallica', except I kind of ground that joke into the dirt. I'll work it up tomorrow.
    Last edited by TSED; 2009-05-20 at 03:21 AM.