Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
I think it is clear that Gil has been enhanced with Jager Tek; the question now is how did Klaus "enhance" Gil?

The way I see it, here are the options:
(1) Klaus injected Gil with Jager Serums at a young age
(2) Klaus has been secretly dosing Gil with Jager Serums over the years
(3) Klaus grew Gil in a tank, using Jager Tek to construct the Perfect Heir

Discuss!
I doubt (3), since we've been strongly led to believe that A) Lucrezia 'exiled' Klaus to Skifander, B) while there, he met and married a local girl, and C) they had Gil in the regular way. Tank growth would seem to have no part in this.

As for the rest, yes, it would certainly seem Klaus modified Gil in some way to be more than human. Given his closeness to the Heterodynes, his control of the Castle after he took over Mechanicsburg, and his command of teh Jagers, Klaus may even have gotten hold of or managed to synthesize some Jägerbräu. Refined it to prevent the physical transformation aspects. And given it to Gil, creating a human being with the abilities of a Jager.

But it may not stop there. From what we've seen of Zeetha, the Skifandians ALSO seem to be superhuman, with increased strength, speed, and endurance. How much of that is due to training, and how much to natural ability, we don't know. If they are more than human biologically, then the offspring of a normal human and a Skifandian would also probably be extraordinary, by human standards. Even more so when you consider Klaus is far more, both mentally and physically, than a normal human to begin with. And we don't know what other enhancement techniques and modifications the Baron may have used on Gil. We do know he seems to feel that Gil might not be someone he, Klaus, could stop if Gil determined to oppose him (http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20060329). And I don't think that's just paternal pride talking. It may be that Klaus has, deliberately and as skillfully as he could, created a Superman...

Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
Isn't that how he became the Hulk in the first place?
RE Bruce Banner: Is it? DC and Marvel have re-conned their characters so much I can't keep up on these things anymore. And it's not just changes in origins. I open a comic these days, and while the costumes are usually the same, these just... aren't the characters I grew up with. Or that I really care to read about, anymore.

The last comic I enjoyed whole-heartedly was Phil's Angel and the Ape, I think.