One way, that I'm pretty sure is accurate for most historical settings (though this is off the top of my head so I'm sure I messed up the order somewhere)

In terms of political dominance
King / Prince (If ruled by a princedom) / Emperor
King or Princes or Emperor's family (Heir apparent of Kings are confusingly also called princes)
Archduke (these are very rare, I think in the Holy Roman Empire there was only 2 families)
Duke
Margrave
Landgrave
Count/Earl (An earl is just an english count)
Viscount
Baron (a knight with land)
Baronet (a knight with very very little land)
Knight
Esquire
Gentleman
Townsman
Peasants
Serfs
Slaves

Now in land size, though these are often fluctuating as I'm sure there is a Barony somewhere that's bigger than a County.
Archduchy
Duchy
County
King's Lands (were generally small compared to other nobles direct lands)
Viscounty/Margraviate/Langraviate
Barony
Baronetcy

For the Holy Roman Empire whenever a new Emperor needed to be elected there would be a rank of Elector not tied to land but whose prestige would rise higher than an Archduke.

Now obviously the land size and the peerage doesn't match up too well. Which can be explained by how some nobles gain their lands and what their purpose is.
Archduchy, Duchy, and County are rather straightforward. Margraviates are militarized zones on the borders of countries so even though they are smaller than counties they are considered more important. Langraviates are different in that the Landgraves are given land directly from the monarch and were not directly subsidiary to anyone else.

Male/Female names
King/Queen
Emperor/Empress
Prince/Princess
Archduke/Archduchess
Duke/Duchy
Margrave/Margravine
Count/Countess
Earl/Countess
Viscount/Viscountess
Baron/Baroness
Baronet/Baronetess
Knight/no other term

Ok, I think that's all I know. I hope it helps.