I've just had a brief look at the Truenamer (and for me that constitutes a fairly thorough read for anyone else) and I have to say; I am completely underwhelmed. The Binder I was neither here nor there on; flavour was quite good, but the limited number of Pacts available turned me off. The Shadowcaster I really like the flavour of, but have yet to decide whether I like the mechanics of it yet. Truenamer though? It's just pap. I like the idea of skill based casting, but making it so incrementally hard to cast is just bizarre and the actual Utterances themselves are just so lucklustre; I see no reason to play one at all. I'd rather play a Sorcerer fluffed as a truenamer; lots of Power Word spells, Still Spell and Eschew Materials (not Silent Spell though). The combo I suggested above doesn't even work because it pretty much specifically says it doesn't in the Strike of Might descriptive text!

About the only thing I thought there was going for the whole Truename schtick was when I was taking a look at the Prestige Classes; Acolyte of the Ego and Diciple of the Word struck me as possibly being good PrCs (thematically) for a member of the Trancendant Order (Ciphers) from the Planescape setting. That was about it.