View Single Post

Thread: My Experiences as a Truenamer

1. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Experiences as a Truenamer

Thanks for posting this thread. Due to it, the next time I have the chance, I'll play a high level Truenamer. I think the utterances can be very powerful indeed: there are some extremely useful effects, that can't be replicated by, well, nothing. One example of this is Confounding resistance, which gives Evasion and Mettle for 5 rounds, or takes them away from an enemy for no save. Caster lens either improves caster level by 2, or decreases by same, no save. Reversed Breath of Recovery paralyzes for 1 round. Coup de grace, anyone?

Essense of Lifespark can restore level drain. Magic contraction Empowers all spellcasters spells for 5 rounds, no cost - or alternatively gives SR. Don't get me started on Spell Rebirth. That ability rocks my socks.

If you can hit the Truespeak DCs, Truenamer is very much worth it, in my opinion. (At least in high levels. 1st level truenamer sucks.)

EDIT: Has anyone checked the utterance called Ether Reforged? I have no idea what they were smoking when they did that, but it must've been something good. Duration: Instantaneous. Saving Throw: No. From now on, all your allies and you can act without any penalties whatsoever against ethereal creatures. Combine this with the fact that you can jaunt your enemy to the ethereal without a save, you can pretty much insta-win any encounter.

EDIT 2: Ward of Peace. Seriously, no save?
    Last edited by Adumbration; 2009-06-11 at 04:36 AM.