Quote Originally Posted by Adumbration View Post
EDIT: Has anyone checked the utterance called Ether Reforged? I have no idea what they were smoking when they did that, but it must've been something good. Duration: Instantaneous. Saving Throw: No. From now on, all your allies and you can act without any penalties whatsoever against ethereal creatures. Combine this with the fact that you can jaunt your enemy to the ethereal without a save, you can pretty much insta-win any encounter.
I'm pretty sure the Instantaneous Duration bit is an error. Allowing everyone you like to see/interact with ethereal creatures forever, with no way to remove it, is not in line at all with other truenaming effects, and an Ethereal Jaunt effect with a duration of instantaneous doesn't even work.

I've never had the chance to try them, but the Lexicon of the Perfected Map has always looked pretty good to me, especially since they have set Truespeak DCs rather than depending on CR. At level 1, Fog from the Void is (as the OP notes) excellent. Transform the Landscape (level 2) is interesting, although unless it lets you select which areas to make into difficult terrain (the text is unclear) it's probably not as good as Fog. Level 3 gives you a choice between Dimension Lock (albeit with a smaller radius) and Control Winds.

The level 4 utterances are all quite good—you only get one, at level 20, so they serve as a sort of capstone. They're actually pretty good capstones: Anger the Sleeping Earth emulates Earthquake, which can completely lock down non-spellcasting enemies—and it actually works better in a small radius, since it means you're less likely to hit allies. Deny Passage creates a 20-foot area that people can't move in or out of, no save—although you can let people you like through in either direction. Conjuctive Gate is Gate. One of the best spells in the game even without being abused, without the usual XP cost.

Really too bad you don't get those until so late.