View Single Post

Thread: Racial HD counting towards ECL. What?!

1. - Top - End - #27
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Racial HD counting towards ECL. What?!

Quote Originally Posted by Krrth View Post
    Ogres as characters:
    +10 Str
    -2 Dex
    +4 Con
    -4 Int
    -4 Chr

That's the modifiers for stats. While wis does not get a modifier, that strength more than makes up for it.
    Seriously, that's an 18 strength without putting a single point into that stat. Points that can go into the other stats....
    With a +5 AC bonus, +3 bab, two feats of your choice, +10 speed, 10 ft reach, proficiency with simple and martial weapons, light and medium armor, and shields?
    You...don't seem to get what I'm getting at. Not all ogres should be fighters or barbarians. What sense does that make? Where are their spiritual leaders/etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    They do? Why not play up your strengths and go with a more combat oriented caster, rather than trying to play as a fullcaster? I mean, you don't take 4 levels in fighter (or barbarian or <insert combat class here>) and then complain that taking the next 16 levels in cleric (or insert caster of choice here) is going to leave you weaker [at spellcasting] than a full caster. That's just silly...
    ...Read above.
    Last edited by Jergmo; 2009-06-29 at 01:09 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    DM: "Sunder the wall?! WT**** kind of tactics are these!?"
    Me: The kind that armies have been using for millennia.
    DM: They didn't do it with swords!
    Me: Which makes us so much cooler.

Player: Where are the babau in relation to everyone else?
    Me: They're right behind you. Vesil is covered in Loki's blood. That is their location in relation to you.
    Player: I was just wondering about a fireball.

My Homebrew