1. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Default Re: Help me nerf my spellcaster! [Wheel of Time]

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    How was he able to use it in the first round? Do you allow him to constantly embrace the true source?

The rules do state that you can manipulate an object as if with one hand. You can't push somebody to the ground with one hand, can you.

Also, if you don't want a Deus Ex, why do you let them meet a creature that is far above anything they can hope to win against? Or was it not intended by you that they attack?
    He was holding the source, as he was in The Ways, and has a block that only allows him to embrace the source while being afraid of the dark :P

It was intended by me that they should attack the man, and later discover that he was Padan Fain. Fain was supposed to grow tired of the battle, and run of with the campaigns MacGuffin. But... My players went offpist.

Quote Originally Posted by Krrth View Post
    ...not to mention that while being pushed down with 200 pounds isn't enough to make someone helpless enough for a coupe-de-gras. Slow his down, sure. Stop him? No.
    That extra force of 200 lb put Padan Fain over his Heavy Load-limit.

I too thought that only Harden Air would allow players too freeze people in air. But the player went in a rage when I tried to discuss that. So I just let is slip for that session.

---

But onto the solution: If the arms try to grip an unwilling, conscious person, they should get a fairly easy reflex check? It would be as evading a physical hand trying to grab you, I think. Or maybe a grapple check from the hand, with the caster's INT/WIS instead of STR.
    Other than that, the Arms can be used as whips, dealing damage or pushing objects.
    Last edited by Jardar; 2009-07-03 at 10:25 AM.