Initiative: +3
    Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
    Armor Class: 16 (+3 Dex, +3 Natural), touch 13, flat-footed 13
    Base Attack/Grapple: +2/+2
    Attack: Weapon +5 melee
    Full Attack: Weapon +5 melee
    Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: Spell-Like Abilities
    Special Qualities: DR 5/Cold Iron, Mushroom Dependent, Wild Empathy, These Mushrooms are Not For Eating
    Saves: Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +7
    Abilities: Str 10, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 17, Cha 20
    Skills: Craft (Poison) +5, Escape Artist +7, Hide +8, Intimidate +9, Knowledge (Dungeoneering, Nature) +4, Listen +7, Move Silently +7, Spot +7, Survival +7
    Feats: Great Fortitude, Weapon Finesse
    Environment: Any Warm except Desert
    Organization: Solitary or Clump (3-6)
    Challenge Rating: 3
    Treasure: Standard
    Alignment: Usually Neutral
    Advancement: By Character Class
    Level Adjustment: ---

"I'm going to choose my words carefully madam. Are you...or are you not...the Mushroom Dryad known as Butter Gills of the Frothing Marsh. Please just say yes or no. I'm on a mission from Pelor and I'm in a hurry."

"Aren't you that gay Elf Paladin all the girls are talking about.

(expletive tirade deleted)

"Wow you are tense. Y'know if you were into women I could do something about that."

"So this is what Hell is like..."

Mushroom Dryads appear to be women with odd skin color/textures, who appear to be wearing an odd hat (i.e. they have a shroom head). They are well known for their love of Badgers, and they often keep them as pets. An easy way to tell a Mushroom Dryad is in the neighborhood is that you now have Badgers out the behind. And they are allowed to dig up your flower beds and poop on your doorstep. Seriously. Or your getting a knife in the dark. Cause momma doesn't let anyone touch her babies.

Spell-Like Abilities (Sp): At Will: Phantasmal Assailants (DC 15), Poison (DC 16), Summon Nature's Ally I (badgersbadgersbadgers). 3/day: Breath of the Jungle (DC 14), Major Image (DC 16), Memory Rot (DC 18). 1/day: Nauseating Breath (DC 16). Caster Level 6. Save DC's are Wisdom Based.

Mushroom Dependent (Su): This works exactly like the Dryad ability on page 90 of the MM, except the Mushroom Dryad is tied to a large clump of Mushrooms.

Wild Empathy (Ex): This works like the Druid's Class Ability of the same name except the Dryad has a +6 Racial Bonus on the Check.

These Mushrooms are Not For Eating (Ex): Anyone attacking a Mushroom Dryad with a Bite Attack must make a DC 14 Fortitude Save or be mildly poisoned. Initial and Secondary Damage is 1d4 Wisdom. If a Mushroom Dryad is Swallowed Whole, the opponent must Save each round the Dryad is in it's stomach. Even if the Dryad is dead. Don't eat mushrooms kids.

Combat: Aside from daring their opponents to lick them, Mushroom Dryads generally rely on their Spell-Like Abilities fro combat. And their beloved badgers. Many a minor adventurer has fallen victim to the furry force field living within the Mushroom Dryads vicinity.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2009-07-09 at 05:59 AM.
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here