View Single Post

Thread: 3.5 grapple question

1. - Top - End - #7
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: 3.5 grapple question

Quote Originally Posted by Otodetu View Post
    Ummm, anyone have some views?

If not i guess i will just treat both as being freely accessible in a grapple.
    Spell-like abilities requiring a fitting concentration check
    Supernatural abilities just requiring whatever action designated in the ability entry.
    This is the most reasonable way to do it. The general problem with grapple is the limited scope of actions which means that...well, almost every class ability and monster ability is unusable there. Also, they botched up Grapple-check definitions something severe.

Like, technically you should be able to PA up to your BAB without any penalties on your Grapple-check and deal the boosted UA damage, because yeah, Grapple-checks supposedly aren't attack rolls. This is why I suggest heavy handwaving and houseruling on the fly whenever grappling - go with what seems to be the most sensible thing.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2009-07-14 at 03:11 PM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.