Quote Originally Posted by Saph View Post
Yeah, mine was an archer ranger - Elf, standard build. Every round you take a move action to reposition, then Twin Strike or Two-Fanged Strike your quarry. Two attack rolls plus Elven Accuracy means you hit basically every time. Great DPS, but I found myself getting bored after a while because of how little thought or tactics it required - the only real decision I was making was deciding what to kill next.
It's strange seeing someone feel this way, partly because the oposite is one of the things I actually like about 4th, namely, much more that I can do at any point.

To be fair, my few 3.5 ed characters were usually 'martial' and not in the TOB sense, either. Five foot step, attack, go back to sleep, ya know? Sometimes I'd ready an action.

Still, Rangers are pretty straight forward in many respects. Perhaps the higher risk required from a melee ranger would have kept it fresher? The Archery Ranger in my (finally completed) KOTS game did tend a lot more to simply two-fanged-striking everything than the Two-Weapon Ranger, who was for most of the campaign the closest thing the party had to a defender...