View Single Post

Thread: Help me find a system please!

1. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Help me find a system please!

Do Hero System!

It's great. It's all point buy so everything is pretty balanced. Items are included in the point cost of characters, depending on the games power level, so there shouldn't be a whole lot to worry about. Combat is fast paced but can slow down a bit if you tack on some of the optional rules.

It was originally designed for super heroic games but it's an infinitely customizable system, and works great with fantasy, sci-fi, and horror settings. I've personally played as superheros, a Mech pilot, a wizard, a pirates captain, various superheros and a bizarre half-plant bio weapon turned hero all using the same system.

You only need one book to simulate setting or character, although there are a plethora of splat books that add ideas there aren't any additional rules/feats/spells to learn.

The system is so amazing that sometimes it makes me cry.

It does have some drawbacks. Character Creation involves huge amounts of math and is almost impossible without access to the Hero Designer software. The other drawback is that not many people have heard of or use the system so finding other players will be difficult unless you're willing to teach them the rules. The final drawback is that it's not available for free online. You'd have to purchase the book, on the upside the book comes with the Hero Designer software.
    Last edited by Thatguyoverther; 2009-08-27 at 10:18 PM.
    Pwn 4 teh pwn god! N00bs 4 teh n00b thr1!