View Single Post

Thread: Arcane Hierophant help

1. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Arcane Hierophant help

Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    Its worth noting that AH doesn't grant Wildshape, it mearly advances it if you have it. Thus, you need at least 5 levels of Druid if you plan on having it.
    I vaguely recall there being a minor debate about that, due to how the wording goes. Some say that Druid3/Wizard X/Arcane Heirophant 2 nets you Wildshape, others go with the interpretation you stated. Either way, I'd ask the DM about it.

For the build itself, I'd go Wizard 3/Druid 3/Mystic Theurge 2/Arcane Heirophant 10/ Mystic Theurge +2. Grab yourself some sort of bear, Natural Bond feat, and pick a focus on either buffing, debuffing, or battlefield control. Quicken spell might also prove useful, if you can either apply Easy Metamagic and/or Practical Metamagic to it somehow.

EDIT: Going with an early entry trick sounds like a good idea. I'm personally a fan of Sanctum Spell over Precious Apprentice, due to potential use later on, after qualification.
    Last edited by Thrice Dead Cat; 2009-09-14 at 01:29 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Peace View Post
    "See these cookies? Note how while good they taste sort of bland. Now try these, they're the same cookies but with chocolate chips added. Notice how with the second batch we expended slightly more ingredients but dramatically enhanced the flavor? That's metamagic."
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Seriously, can we kill this misconception now? A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He shops for precisely what he means to.

Winner of Junkyard Wars 31.