1. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: IT'SATRAP! - Worst Spells Per Level [3.5]

Quote Originally Posted by Akal Saris View Post
    Yeah - I'd have to agree with Virtue for the Paladin being possibly the worst spell for any 1st level list.

Eye of Power (Spell Compendium Wiz/Sorc 9) is another horribly weak one - spend a 9th level slot to cast Arcane Eye (Wiz 4) only with the ability to cast up to 3rd level spells through it? With a 10 minute casting time but a duration of minutes/level, and unlike Arcane Eye the summoned eye is visible, corporal, and has a low AC and low HPs? Who on earth would ever take this?
    well... for sorc it would be stupid... but a wizard can have infinite spells... and if he needs to assassinate a specific person.. eye of power to their home at night, cast fireball. or anything else for that matter... summon poison snake... It sounds like an awesome spell for a very "intrigue" and RP based game...

it only fails if there is something that allows you to cast higher level spells through it at someone.
    Last edited by taltamir; 2009-09-28 at 11:16 PM.
    I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not Superman!

the glass is always 100% full. Approximately 50% of its volume is full of dihydrogen monoxide and some dissolved solutes, and approx 50% a mixture of gasses known as "air" which contains roughly (by volume) 78.08% nitrogen, 20.95% oxygen, 0.93% argon, 0.038% carbon dioxide, and trace amounts of other gases.