View Single Post

Thread: (4E) Swordmages

1. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: (4E) Swordmages

Quote Originally Posted by tcrudisi View Post
    *edit* Side note -- they are widely considered to be the second best defenders in the game (second to only Fighters). They really are a good class.
    Really?! Better than Wardens?! And Paladins?! For a defender that loses 3AC for the rest of the encounter if they go unconscious once and already have pretty low defenses & hp compared to other defenders?

I agree that the Fighter's the best defender so far, as the Fighter's mark and the Fighter's AO are both quite good... The Paladin has the best defenses and the Warden has the most hp. They can both take a lot more hits. The Swordmage has some nice powers, but that huge penalty for simply dipping into unconsciousness really cripples them imo.

I'm not saying they're awful. Just... I have trouble seeing why they'd be regarded as second-best...
    Last edited by Thajocoth; 2009-10-07 at 01:45 PM.
    Avatar by me. It's Incendius Darkscale, a Good Dragonborn Dragon Sorcerer, Demonskin Adept, Prince of Hell, worshiper of the Platinum Dragon (Bahamut), specializing in Fire and Lightning, wielding a staff in each hand.