View Single Post

Thread: (4E) Swordmages

1. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: (4E) Swordmages

Quote Originally Posted by Uin View Post
    The 4e Char Op guys currently reckon Paladin > Swordmage > Fighter > Warden. Divine Power in some ways is the most powerful splat book, but really it just comes down to how many options are available.

Fighter was best after MP. Swordmage was best after AP. Now Paladin is best after DP.
    I'm not seeing the CharOp consensus. Could you link to a thread?

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEmerged View Post
    Because unlike Wardens (pending Primal Power) and Paladins (before Divine Power), Swordmages actually give the marked victims a reason to attack him instead of "kill the one(s) in the dress!" Also, I have to question that "low defenses" statement, the one in our party is comparable without much in the way of optimazation.
    I dunno... maybe he has really bad NADs? We've been facing mostly NAD Kickers lately.

I guess my biggest complaint is that they don't actually defend anyone. Heck, every post I've read lauds them for being huge damage dealers - which is the role of the Striker, not the Defender.

Anyhow, next game I plan (IC) to chat with him about battle tactics. One of the benefits of being the bastard child of a Valenar warband leader
    Last edited by Oracle_Hunter; 2009-10-07 at 04:50 PM.
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad