Quote Originally Posted by Jogi View Post
Hmm, true, railroading is not the goal. But I don't think they'd bother learning a new system. I wouldn't be that strict about their roleplaying, but I'd give some advices. Just want them to do more than roll attacks.
Instead of forcing roleplaying on them, start rewarding it in minor ways. Plan out rewards that aren't plot required but would be really appreciated by the players if they found it. If the drow take a bunch of villagers prisoner, one of them was hiding a healing belt. If one of your players is a dual wielder, set up the scene from One Piece where Zoro buys his swords. Then, when your players start walking right past them, give it till the end of the session, and then say:

"Guys, I've started putting some new rewards into the game, and I want to give you a chance to get some of them. The rewards are roleplaying only, which means anyone can get them. For instance, remember the prisoners? If you had spent time earning their trust, they would've given up a healing belt they had been using to keep their group alive during the captivity. And then there was the shopkeeper. His father was a great swordsman, but he's not a strong man, and he had no children. He was just waiting for a swordsman he felt would be worthy of it so that his father's legacy would be continued. Now, these are just some pre-planned examples I had, but there will be more opportunities, and at certain times, I'll reward creative roleplaying even if I had nothing planned as the reward. See you guys next week."

I strongly recommend against making DM-prepared sheets. I personally just wouldn't play such a game.