View Single Post

Thread: [4e] Primal Power

1. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [4e] Primal Power

Quote Originally Posted by Asbestos View Post
    I'm really in the dark on this book, if my DDI account were still going I could just use the Character Builder to help me out...

Anyway, what are the new Barb/Druid/Warden/Shaman builds like?

Do Barbs have non-Two-handed weapon at-wills?
    Yes. Thunderborn Barbs have a non-two-handed at-will, and Whirling Barb have a two-weapon at-will.

Thunder Barbs control a bit. Whirling Barbs act like two-weapon rangers, but rarely make multiple attack rolls (Dealing damage like 1[W] + 1[W] (Off hand) + Strength , for instance).

Druids have Swarm Druid (Which pretends to be a swarm), and Summoning Druid, which isn't a build on its own but a set of dailies, with suggestions of integrating with the other Druid builds. Druid Summons have instinctive Effects: Stuff they do if you don't order them to do anything.

Shaman's have the Watcher / Eagle Shaman, which basically exists to make your group really good at sniping, and World Speaker Shaman, which acts more as a defender (It's OA at-will stops enemy movement!)

Warden's have Lifespirit Wardens, who pretend to be leaders (When you Second wind, an ally in 5 can HS and make a ST), and Stormheart Wardens which act more as controllers (When you second wind, slide each marked enemy by you and within 2 squares of you 1 square, and slow them until the end of your next turn).

The builds, overall look good and fun to play.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Xallace View Post
    I'm mostly curious about the Swarm Druid. What all can you tell about it?
    I'll give some more info on that in a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrarity View Post
    Hide Armor expertise is still crazy?

Also, is targeted assault +2 vs targets marking you, or targets you have marked? That was a big one on WoTC boards.
    Yes, and stuff you marked.
    Last edited by Gralamin; 2009-10-20 at 08:22 PM.