Quote Originally Posted by Kaytara View Post
I wasn't talking about foreshadowing in this context, I was talking about significance. :D Not the same thing. I also specifically said that I don't think the link between V and the roaches and O-Chul and the MitD is meant to be foreshadowing, more like a treat for re-reading.

Good foreshadowing is the kind of thing that you miss at first, but when you eventually look back, you go all "Gah! I can't believe I missed that clue!"
Not really one's reaction upon re-reading that strip, is it? :D It's more of a "Wow, that's neat!" thing. Essentially the point of this thread. I'm just arguing that I don't think it's coincidence, which is what I thought you were implying.
You know, now that you've pointed out the mirror image and the connectsions between the characters, the layout for that strip just revealed an exponential increase in awesomeness to me. I only wish either the Azurite's or the Hobgoblins in line 2 were in reverse order so the symmetry was maintained throughout. Though I do like that "*sigh* Politics as usual." and "brains" are equated. Both seem equally relevant and equally helpful. :D