View Single Post

Thread: Crack Pairings 3 - 50% More Squick

1. - Top - End - #799
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Crack Pairings 3 - 50% More Squick

Great job, Watersmurf.

Thank you Kaytara. I'll write the next bit now. Rox x Celia. Enjoy it while it lasts, things are about to get...

Quote Originally Posted by Discord View Post
    Very well written Kaytara. I can't root for someone who violates others for fun though. As a matter of fact, your fanfiction made me picture Belkar as someone who would rape V if he thought it would be funny. So I think I'll go read Cracklord's entire history of "Belkar suffers" stories right now.
    Don't do that to yourself, Discord.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaytara View Post
    Ugh, okay, THAT wasn't the impression I was going for. In fact, I added the little "V sort of kisses back" thing precisely to make it somewhat less creepy.

I don't see Belkar as potentially rapist... It just... doesn't seem him. His shtick is more "I'm such a sexy shoeless god of war that everyone wants me". Having his way with someone who doesn't want him would run contrary to that, because anyone who doesn't want him is stupid and not worth bothering with.

If anything, if he really DOES get hung up on someone and just telling himself that they're stupid not to want him doesn't cut it anymore, I see him as more likely to go to absurd lengths to get someone to want him, resulting in a pseudo-courtship (which, admittedly, would be funny to write about).

Also, I've tried to incorporate the element of Belkar's personality in that he's bad at thinking ahead. We've seen this in the comic on a few occasions (most famously, his plan with Miko). Here, the kiss is more or less an impulse. He goes in to steal a blanket and then goes against that plan when he does something to wake the elf up without planning on how to make it out of the tent alive and unscathed. He makes up excuses on the spot. He really just gets lucky to be able to get away with it, so far. (In that respect, reading Cracklord's "Belkar in hell" fics probably IS mandatory for restoring your sense of world justice. :D)

So, if that makes it any better, it's not like he goes in with the plan to force a kiss on V. He goes in with the vague plan of stealing a blanket and then one thing leads to another.

EDIT: V See? That IS funny. XD I could totally see that happening.
    I remember a truly chilling comic involving Harley and The Joker. Mister J has never raped anyone, because rape implies insecurity. It's about dominating someone, about setting yourself as better then someone. It's a power thing. And if there is one thing The Joker has, it's egotism (plus he believes only two people, him and batman, exist, and everyone else is just products of their imagination). Simply put, he wouldn't see the point in abusing someone sexually, as he can do more damage with a knife, and doesn't even believe they have emotions or feelings. The comic degenerated into the two's personal life, and became deeply creepy.

But Belkar is less secure. His every action is about drawing attention to himself, making people look at him. He needs to be feared or looked up to, and even hated is enough. He himself is deeply insecure, and so projects an image and hurts others to make himself feel bigger (at least, that's the way I see it). He's not crazy, he's a lost, emotionally stunted immature psychopath lashing out for real or perceived slights, with no empathy. Why does he belittle and offend? To try and make everyone else seem as pathetic as him.

So yes. Very much the potential rapist.

Quote Originally Posted by Discord View Post
    Not enough.

...I think I've been contaminated by Cracklord's hatred. I've always been easily influenced.
    Ahhhhhhhh. Your spite. It... nourishes me.

Try my new story. No torture, but anti-Belkar and makes you feel good. Good for the soul, you know?
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2009-11-14 at 06:13 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.