View Single Post

Thread: Evoker Wizard!

1. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Evoker Wizard!

how much cheese can you get away with?

You can really rack up the damage as an evoker using metamagic + metamagic reducers...

1. Arcane thesis: choose 1 spell you know, all metamagic of that spell now cost 1 level less.
    This is abuseable because the wordings do not prohibit using +0 level metamagic giving you -1 level per metamagic added... however, your DM will likely not allow that. Still, split ray, twin spell, empower, and maximize are very nice.

2. Easy metamagic: choose one metamagic feat, it now takes 1 less level higher, to a min of 1 level higher. (so a +1 metamagic is still +1, but a +2 is now +1, a +3 is now +2)

3. Metamagic school focus: Choose a spell school, you can apply metamagic feats to spells in this school 1 level lower X times per day. Also a limit of +1 min

4. rods of metamagic: you can apple a metamagic feat to a spell on the fly, for free, X times a day.

5. various classes get special metamagic abuse... I think incantantrix and initiate of the 7 fold veil. IIRC.

Combine all of those metamagic reducers together. And suddenly you are doing enough damage to one shot anything without good dex + evasion...

The painful thing about banning conjuration is that you lose out on teleport, dimension door, etc...
    Last edited by taltamir; 2009-12-11 at 09:55 PM.
    I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not Superman!

the glass is always 100% full. Approximately 50% of its volume is full of dihydrogen monoxide and some dissolved solutes, and approx 50% a mixture of gasses known as "air" which contains roughly (by volume) 78.08% nitrogen, 20.95% oxygen, 0.93% argon, 0.038% carbon dioxide, and trace amounts of other gases.