View Single Post

Thread: Building a ranged bard

1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Building a ranged bard

Just wondering if anyone could offer some assistance for a build in an upcoming campaign.

Basic idea is the dragonfire inspiration bard deal, with Master Thrower sprinkled in. I'm temped to take bard for a few levels, I think 4 - 7(Sticking with it until seven so I can get Haste) would be the cutoff. All five of master thrower.

The problem I'm facing is taking any bard prestige classes, they don't state that they stack with the bard levels for Inspire Courage. If they do, and I'm reading it wrong, could someone correct me? If not, would it kill me to stick with bard until level 7 to get Haste, or would I be better off stopping sooner.

I know about the Vest of Legends, Song of the Heart, and Words of Creation. Are there any other items/feats that boost Inspire Courage? Any classes that would go well with this would be appreciated too.

So, yeah. A slew of questions to look over, thanks to anyone in advance.

I have access to all 3.5 books, so no real restrictions. Homebrew is subject to approval.

As it stands right now(just used fighter for empty levels), at max level I've got about eight attacks(two weapon fighting), throwing sixteen weapons with one of the master thrower abilities. Still finding a way to visualize that working in my head... lol. I know to aim for getting more bonus damage since I'm almost forced to use daggers.
    Last edited by DragonKnight; 2009-12-23 at 01:29 PM.