Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
How do you figure that? They're both competence bonuses, so no stacking.
I think they are enchantment bonuses but I do agree they both don't stack.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
Shape Soulmeld: Displacer Mantle/Kruthik Claws/Lamia Belt (Magic of Incarnum). +4 competence bonus to Hide checks. If you have essentia, you can pump in more for +2/essentia point. Shape Soulmeld: Lucky Dice (Magic of Incarnum). +1 luck bonus on all skill checks. Competition Domain or Planar Touchstone: Cataloges of Enlightmentment. +1 untyped bonus on opposed checks. Hat of Anonymity (12500 GP, MIC p. 109). +5 untyped bonus to Hide checks. Camouflage Paint (1500 GP, MIC p. 153). +5 circumstance bonus to Hide checks. Dark armor property (8000 GP, Drow of the Underdark). +5 circumstance bonus on Hide checks vs. Darkvision. Shadow Sibling symbiont (8000 GP, Magic of Eberron). +4 circumstance bonus to Hide checks, and 50% concealment against one attack as an immediate action a number of times per day equal to your Con modifier.
I agree with the Hat of Anonymity, Camouflage Paint (hopefully your being paid for your assassinations and this is a cheap +5 bonus on each kill).

QUOTE=The Gilded Duke;7574132]Stacked Psionitrix of Chameleon (Complete Psionics) can get a bit expensive, but gives you a +10 enhancement bonus to hide. Continuous Collar of Umbral Metamorphosis (Tome of Magic) gives you hide in plain sight and +8 racial bonus to hide. Modify one of the Crystal Masks (Expanded Psionics Handbook, SRD) to get a +10 competence bonus to hide. Get a MW tool of hide (DMG) to get an always on +2 circumstance bonus to hide. From those right there you get +30 to hide.[/QUOTE]

I dont think the DM will allow a MW item for a +2 to hide because I can't think of anything other than a gillie suit idea that would allow that bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Peregrinus View Post
Dark Creature Template from Tome of Magic adds a pretty big Racial Bonus to Hide (I think +10). Why? 'Cause there's an item which gives you the Dark Template, either for X minutes a day or permanently depending on the quality.
The bonus is either +6 or +8 because I am running a character with that template unfortunately its a +1 LA due to it being a PC and not an NPC or random monster. So that may rule out this idea but if you can do it and pay off the LA with the rules from U.A.