1. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5 ToB] Sunderd Veil - The Discipline of "Oops"

-A few of them are listed as either the incorrect type (Counter, Strike etc.), or listed as the wrong level.
    From Milskidasith's post, most of the ones that are wrong have an incorrect Initiation Action; all the Types are correct from what I saw.

-Skill checks are incredibly easy to boost in 3.5, so when you allow them as part of a strike, you can fairly safely assume that the initiator will almost always succeed.
    This is why many of the strikes have relatively weak effects.

The couple of strikes that deal mental ability damage aren't listed as being used as part of a melee attack. Thus, they deal no actual damage even though the description states that you stab the foe's brain.
    Its quiet possible that I merely forgot to list that they do normal weapon damage. I'll go check and fix and errors.

The descriptions for this line of maneuvers struck me as somewhat odd. Driving the weapon into the enemy seems like something every warrior tries to do, and "damaging their body" seems like it would be fairly standard fare as well.
    Yeah, some of them have weird descriptions on the actual chart. When I set down to make a martial discipline, I decide the basic structure of the whole Discipline as a whole, then go in and fill in the actual mechanics. Sometimes those mechanics change from the base structure of the discipline, and the changes might not have been fully reflected in all the fluff. I'll get to that pronto, but I wanted the hard mechanics to be up first.

This doesn't make sense to me. Why does being better at disabling devices make you faster and grant you a larger reach?
    The idea is that you're running around building; its more of a gesture of speed and efficiency then an actual part of being able to Disable Devices; the more experience you have at the art, the quicker you can get things done, so the quicker you move to accomplish stuff.
    Last edited by Golden-Esque; 2010-01-02 at 09:31 PM.