Quote Originally Posted by Nerdanel View Post
Phrenic Half-Dragon (Crystal) Tarrasque Wilder 1

While the chromatic and metallic dragons have innate sorcerer powers, the gem dragons have innate psionic powers. If the fluff has it so that sorcerers have draconic ancestry (presumably chromatic or metallic), is there a counterpart to that with gem dragon ancestry? If psionic powers in the OOTS world are limited to having been descended from very rare (if not extinct) dragons, it could explain why psionic classes/phrenic templates are so rare.

A crystal dragon is Always Chaotic Neutral with a personality description that I think fits the MitD remarkably well. An amethyst dragon (Always True Neutral) is also a possibility, but I don't think it fits as well personality-wise.

Wish SLA isn't needed due to the Phrenic template that gives Psionic Teleport 3/day and thus suffices to explain "Escape". (The MitD's teleporting experiments didn't work because this time he wasn't touching the targets.)
But wouldn't that thing be "something Rich made up"? (Which we know the MitD is NOT.)

I'm not that familiar with D&D, but I would be surprised to learn that a half-dragon/half-Tarrasque is a "regular" monster...