Quote Originally Posted by valadil View Post
2. I'm still hesitant. I feel like if they hear the word doppleganger, they'll assume there's one floating around somewhere. If they come back from the diversion with no doppleganger in hand, I think they'll turn back around and question the guy who gave them the misinformation. I could go with this, but only if there's a good diversion to send them on.
I agree that a good doppelganger wouldn't even bring up the possibility of a doppelganger, even if he's pointing them somewhere else to look for one. Why even set the notion in their head? It'd be safer to try and throw them off track some other way. That's just one more little fence in the way of them discovering the truth. Plus, it's probably a violation of some sort of unspoken doppelganger code somewhere.

Besides...the very first thing I think I'd ask when provided an answer like that is simply "How do we know that you're not the doppelganger and the one we met was the real one?" And that's obviously not something the doppelganger wants to be asked to prove.