Quote Originally Posted by imp_fireball View Post
Could I use these rules for my Sci Fi settings?
I wouldn't mind in the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Analysis View Post
I shouldn't question your game choices, but if you want a magicless setting, then why retain magical abilities at all? From your table, it looks like divine spellcasters lose spells, but gain class features that give supernatural abilities anyway, allowing them to heal, smite, transform, enchant with music etc. If you want no magic, arcane or divine, in the hand of playable classes, why retain any ability that could not conceivably work just by mundane means?

Of course, if what you actually want is a setting without magic as represented by the spellcasting mechanics, then it makes a lot of sense.

In either case, what class should I play if I want to be a scholar? Consider replacing wizards and sorcerers with Factotums or a custom skill-heavy class.
The idea is that they can't figure out how to control arcane magic. It exists and is prominent in some areas, but people can't control or channel it. The Devout is given abilities as long as he stays in the god's good side and prays for his intervention.