View Single Post

Thread: Binding the PCs

1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Binding the PCs

I remember somewhere reading that any creature not on it's home plane is considered an outsider [after looking up the rules, its the extraplanar subtype, not outsider, but the spell in question targets extraplanar creatures too so it was horizontal movement
    What is stopping me from having a campaign taking place in the outer planes when an demon/angel (and creature native to the outer planes) from binding a PC into service (via planer binding, lesser {they'd be 3 or 4th level at that point}), since the spell says that it lures and traps a creature from another plane ?

If angles and demons can bind PMP creatures into service like PMP creature can to Outer Planes creatures, I think I may have just found the plot of my next Campaign

EDIT: target outsider or elements makes this a non-issue

2nd EDIT: from what i've seen Gate has no such clause, though plannar bindings do
    Last edited by fryplink; 2010-02-12 at 08:59 PM.
    "When the DM is smiling, it's already too late"

Paranoia is fun, other games are not; play paranoia (and also 3.5, I play that alot too)

Spoiler
    Show
    Originally Posted by NNescio
    "Of course all magic manipulates energy, First Law of Thermodynamics, duh!"

See, the thing is, energy in D&D does not mean the same thing as it does in Physics.