Quote Originally Posted by dspeyer View Post
It's 15 levels. Maybe I do need to improve the formatting.
Ah. First column I assumed was level number but is in fact BAB. Yeah.

[QUOTE\
I tried it as a 10 level class, but it didn't work out very nicely. Everything became cramped and uneven. This gets nice patterns. It also means there's new conversions almost every level (the others have a manuever, spells, and either a stance or a conversions known boost). [/QUOTE]

Yeah, that seems ok.

A spell you can cast on yourself is exactly what it sounds like. For example, a human artmage could convert enlarge person, but an aasimar couldn't.
So spells with ranges other than personal work? This sounds potentially broken. Healing spells for example could allow healing at will.

Stances last until you switch. It works around duration.
Ok. It should say so.

Other is exactly what it sounds like. Anything you couldn't convert before, you can now (unless it has a forbidden descriptor or cost). Fireball? Sure. Wall of Ice? Have fun!
Ok. So you need to state explicitly that this allows all such but doesn't still allow conversion of stuff with bad descriptors or high cost.

Is that possible? What sort of being could do that?
Well, the Seeker of Lost Swords (another homebrew class by me which is going into Age of Warriors also), and the Broken Blade discipline has maneuvers which allow you to steal maneuvers from people temporarily (although that's not nearly as much of a problem). Maybe it is just a small problem from some of the stuff I've homebrewed then. But if we're putting things into AoW we're going to need to have stuff interact ok.

Artmages are anyone who seeks to understand the innermost essence of magic by approaching it from the arcane and sublime sides. Little else unites them. Artmages may be found meditating on mountains, studying in universities, sparring in arenas or adventuring in the wild.

The first artmages were wizards who thought they had almost figured magic out when they learned of the sublime path and all their theories were disproved. They did not despair, but set out to study with renewed vigor. Once they found some success, their lore spread quickly.

Artmages adventure either to test their ideas against real danger or to retrieve ancient lore that sheds light on their studies. Except those who learned the way of the artmage only for its practical benefits. They adventure for wealth, glory, or to achieve their own ends. They are the despair of their teachers, but fellow adventurers often find them more pleasant than purists.

Artmages tend to get along well with the more theoretical wizards, and with anyone who has a new or combined approach to magic: Seekers of the Song, Sublime Chords, Eldritch Theurges, and especially Ultimate Magi. Artmages often get along poorly with divine casters, because they tend to raise disturbing questions about the nature of gods and mystical causes.
That's excellent fluff. So add it in to the class description.

Yes. I put those in the spreadsheet, along with Coin's Edge and Masked Moon. I'm worried that too many schools will make this too powerful (it's already very powerful).
That makes sense although I'm not convinced that in most cases increasing the number of disciplines available does actually make them that much more powerful. If one has any chance of picking up high level maneuvers then some amount of specialization has to occur anyways.