1. - Top - End - #1105
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Crack Pairings VII - Bring Bottled Water, Our Water is Spiked With Love Potion

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Water-Smurf View Post
    No, because I don't want to tell you what I'm working on and/or planning to do.

No, she's still on the edge, but she's medicated for it and will be able to lead a perfectly good and normal life as long as she keeps up with the meds. And Reddy always makes sure that she has taken them each morning.

They're still neighbors. Belkar got a prostitute at Azure City knocked up and is currently laying low, much to the disapproval of everyone else. Durkon at some point in time is going to have a surprise visit from a young dwarf boy that strongly resembles him, claiming to be Hilgya's son who went off to find him. Elan is going to point out to both Durkon and Belkar that they should have expected this since, as per law of storytelling, all surviving protagonists must have children at some point, whether they want to or not.

Haley's probably going to get pregnant again, but she's gotten restless and may start traveling again once she feels Abram is old enough to be on his own. Elan is content with his life and feels like the happy ending has been achieved, and he still spends as much time with Tiasal as with his own son--he still somewhat sees her as his own kid, as do most if not all of the Order, and he remembers the time Tiasal disappeared and gets a little protective in his own dysfunctional way to make sure it doesn't happen again, as does the rest of the Order.

Roy's got two kids with a third coming along and still plans on destroying Xykon somehow, so he keeps his skills sharp and his levels steady, and his dedication makes the rest of the Order, who still see him as their leader, do the same despite their quiet life. Inkyrius disapproves of so much training and violent energy going on so close to children, but she/he holds hir tongue over it since Octavius and Terentius still technically live with hir.

Redcloak has promised himself and Vaarsuvius that he's never going to put his work ahead of his family again, and he makes a point to never leave for an extended amount of time, and when he does leave, it's to provide important guidance to the goblins, who, after peace talks, are tentatively trying to share the old Azurite land with the previous inhabitants. A generation or so has passed in goblin years since the battle, so tensions are not as high on their end, but the humans remember being shoved out of their homes and being enslaved, so it's a volatile process helped only by Prime Minister Jirix's charisma, Lord Hinjo's desire for peace and equality among the goblins and humans (knowing Tiasal did a lot to shake his human assumption that it was okay to kill goblins and treat them like fodder), and Redcloak's advice and quiet guidance from Sending to Jirix and occasionally visiting.

Of course, once Tiasal and any future children they have are grown and off on their own, Redcloak is probably going to go back to working on goblin equality full-time again, something Vaarsuvius is willing to support as long as he remembers to not allow his cause to consume him so much again.

They're going to have a lot of children, so it will be a while before he gets back to work anyway.

Vaarsuvius is unaware of this, but Redcloak plans on passing the Crimson Mantle on to another cleric when the time comes that it looks like she only has around fifty or forty years left. She has made it clear that she has no desire to make her long life longer, even with magical means, unless there's a practical reason she's still needed. And Redcloak doesn't want to live long without her.

Did I forget anything?

I think you're talking about Io. (Poor girl. Raped, turned into a cow, tied up, chased by gadflies, and not recognized by her own dad.) Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that it wasn't a snake that guarded her. It was a man with eyes all over his body, and when Zeus sent Hermes to save Io, Hermes literally bored the man to death with a story. Hera got upset and put all the dead man's eyes on the peacock's feathers to remember him.

Same, same. :>

Yay!

And it's not as if nothing's going to happen. Plenty of room for family drama, right along the "Aww" moments!

Quote Originally Posted by Zanaril View Post
    Why does this 'and they all lived happily and peacefully until they died' type of thing always make me feel sad?

Sad in a calm way, but still sad.
    I think...I think because it's over. And they're gone.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2010-02-23 at 04:24 PM.