View Single Post

Thread: [3.5] Most Fun 20th level Build

1. - Top - End - #11
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] Most Fun 20th level Build

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Question: How can you use pathfinder AND all the 3.5 books? I guess only core classes are changed? Seems like there would be some conflict there.
    Basically we're going to be using 3.5 rules with a few houserules, but can take classes or feats from anything. So I can use the Pathfinder Wizard/Druid/Cleric/etc, or the core ones, or anything from a splat book.

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    How long will the campaign be, and do you know any other details about it that might be relevant (such as enemies, setting, etc).
    The game will be played out over one weekend. It's likely to have multiple encounters against Epic-ish enemies in hell-ish conditions. Think of distilled Tome of Horrors. So a full caster of some sort will probably not run out of spells, but by the same token if I blow my 9th level spells on the first encounter (as I will probably be tempted to do) there will be no opportunity to rest in order to regain them.

Are there other members of the party? If so, what are they going to be making? How much do you think you're going to be able to count on them?
    Yes, there will be one or two other party members. I have no idea what they'll be making. But their optimization skills are pretty subpar, so I can't depend on them to do much except for distract the enemy occasionally. The DM and I have been gaming together for years, and he knows that I usually tone down my builds so that I don't outshine other party members. This game is an explicit opportunity to go nuts on whatever I feel like, and if the other party members die or just stand there watching me, so be it.

Are there any particular classes or mechanics that you are unwilling to use due to unproficiency or lack of interest?
    I have access to almost every WotC D&D book in existence (I'm missing some 3.0 material) and some 3rd party stuff. I've written guides for many of the more obscure mechanics in 3.5, so I'm willing to consider anything.

Quote Originally Posted by KellKheraptis View Post
    If you wanna go all out, remove the restrictions on the Chrono-Legionaire challenge and go full out Synchronicity Shuffle with him. You'll get 17/17 ML/BAB but it's a moot point with infinite actions.
    The old WotC link is dead and I'm AFB right now - how exactly does this work?

I wonder if there is a way to get full Cleric casting, Wizard casting, Tome of Battle maneuvers, and Turn Undead. Maybe some sort of Archivist Ur Priest Mystic Theurge Ruby Knight Vindicator Legacy Champion thing?
    Last edited by Person_Man; 2010-03-03 at 02:38 PM.