View Single Post

Thread: Draconic Feats [3.5]

1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Draconic Feats [3.5]

Looking at a Dragonfire Adept (DfA) I see that they get the Dragontouched feat for free. This feat gives you the Dragonblooded subtype and lets you take Draconic feats as though you were a sorcerer of your level.
    So now I find myself wondering, "What Draconic feats are there that are any good if you can't cast arcane spells?"
    In other words, is the ability to take Draconic feats when you're not an arcane caster really useful?

I see Draconic Senses, Dragonfire Assault (except DfA's aren't melee characters), Dragonfire Channeling (except DfA's can't turn), Dragonfire Inspiration (DfA's aren't bards), and Dragonfire Strike (DfA's don't get Sneak Attack or any of the other powers required)
    If you take Draconic Heritage (which partially duplicates the effect of Dragontouched and is lame if you already have it) then you can get Draconic Knowledge, Draconic Resistance, and Draconic Skin, and Draconic Toughness. The rest need arcane spells to activate.

So I see 1 useful feat (Draconic Senses) and 3 more meh feats behind a largely useless one. Am I missing something?
    Last edited by unre9istered; 2010-03-10 at 02:58 PM.