1. - Top - End - #388
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Our Comic Lab in the Playground: An experimentation class

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    Go ahead and make it regardless. Nothing is set in stone about the universe yet, so you don't need to worry about conflicting with pre-existing material.
    And even if your race is very similar to an existing one, it's won't matter as it's very unlikely that both will make it though the voting process.

But straight off the bat, how do you lose a planet. They're kinda big, you know, it's not like they can slip down the back of the sofa.
    By "Lose" I mean "Rendered their planet uninhabitable", they still know where it is, it's just a blasted toxic hellscape that can support no life and is roamed by the Nanobots they built in order to fight a minor plague. The Disease mad them throw up, feel ill, and die in maybe 5% of cases. The cure (Nanobots) had trouble telling the difference between the bacteria, any other bacteria, or really any other organic matter.

Then somebody decided to try Nuking the areas infested by the Nanobots. That didn't help either.

Edit: I might reshape them from Used Car Salesmen to more Mercenary scientists. They're Brilliant, but with the loss of their homeworld they are shattered, and they are often very distrustful of their own technology. Their old specialty was Nanotech, but those that survived have a hatred for it. They seek to purge all of their own Nanotechnology that's still around in the galaxy. However, for the last couple hundred years they had been boosting themselves with Nanotech, so those that are left who purged themselves, are very weak.

Of course, there are still "Tech Heads", those that use the old Nanobots, often they've boosted themselves past safe levels, making them very dangerous and in some cases half mad.

Edit 2: Ooh, a storyline could be centered around some people getting onto the planet and collecting some of the Nanobots, threatening to release them as a "Nanobomb"
    Last edited by BRC; 2010-03-20 at 08:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]