During the time beforehand, Lorne is glad that Emi's started going to class--though he still doesn't attend physics and math himself, he offers to help her with it if she wants.

At the control room, Lorne studies the SE's structure intently. "Fascinating..."

Quote Originally Posted by Drascin View Post
"What. The. ****." he mutters, tilting his head a bit.

He recovers quickly, though. And he looks worried.

"Um, Lorne? Question - if this thing is able to bend space like that, what do you think are the odds of it being able to, say, make the round head back at Stork's Nest instead of hitting him by some weird space-looping crap?" he says, outloud enough for the Commander to catch it.
Lorne frowns. "Well...it's impossible to say, as it hasn't done anything yet. I am curious to see what the effect of an impact is, considering the discontinuity between its interior and exterior." He sounds both frustrated and a little excited at the unpredictability of SEs.

He then turns to Todd, and in a lower voice says "I don't know if we'll have the chance during this operation...but I still support your plan to converse with the SEs, for what it's worth."