Quote Originally Posted by Seguile Daengz View Post
May I suggest giving one of the last spoilers in the opening post a look? It's titled "Time for some introspective", in which I described most of the thoughts that went into designing this fella. Maybe that'll clear things up a bit.
Anyway, I know what you mean- Fool's Sword and Will Power are probably the most powerful abilities; however, the first is best for stalling rather than damage, and the second is purely defense. If you would multiclass, that would mean lagging behind in the ability to negate higher-powered spells; also, the other class would have to possess Perform as a class skill to truly make the most of existing Flynning damage, and most melee fighters don't.

In short, I think it's still balanced. Maybe you could clarify a bit?
First off, the fact that you are basing the will save off of an attack roll will eventually cause major problems in trying to evade these abilities, but that's not the biggest problem.
Will Power may struggle to keep up full casters, but this ability eats up spells with metamagic effects and bard-like casters extremely quickly, and can negate 5 spells/encounter, without a larger investment in charisma than a bard would want(which other class features of the romancer wants anyway), and taking only immediate actions on his own part, which he doesn't need because he eventually gets a second immediate reaction to fuel the re-roll ability. This is scary if there wasn't a way to regain points in the glory pool, of which you have multiple. This is on top of being able to laugh at 8th and 9th level spells in a way that far surpasses spell resistance, and at that point, this could easily be 10 times/encounter without taking into account the ability to recharge 4 glory points/round [7 if twf] (hasted attacker with comeback) averaging 2 auto-successes [3.5 as a twf] and will saves averaging DC 40 for a reasonably optimized build, which makes a single caster cry, even if he's not in melee.

It's good for a class to be able to give other classes trouble, but when you start completely negating things with no recourse, that's when you go too far. You already have +Cha to all saves and to touch AC, which is enough to at least make casters think twice about fighting you. You don't need this ability, in my opinion. If you still need something like this, maybe swift action SR (10+romancer level+Cha mod) for 1 round would do this in a more fair way?

These are the main problems I see other than absolutely hating features saying that you just can't resist, like the fool's sword that auto-succeeds on a crit threat (which for this caps at 11-20!)

Also, look carefully at perform DCs. These can be made arbitrarily high with skill boost items. A +10 perform boost item is 10k gold (which allows for an extra 5d6 damage from the marks at the same difficulty). At the same time, someone who doesn't pull that stuff caps at +31-35 (averaging an allowance of 18d6 on a target) which makes a single weapon rouge laugh in pity, let alone a twf rogue. I don't think this scales the way you want it to without obscure equipment, and then it's allowed to go over the top (+60 is not out of the question, allowing 35d6 damage at max). This may also be worth looking at.