This one's just a vague future idea I've been messing with, although it has come up in passing in my current campaign. There is a demi-god level Druid on a mini-continent inhabited by dinosaurs (a cross between Jurassic Park and Dinotopia, I suppose). She's surrounded the place with various natural defenses to keep anyone else away, but a few have still gotten in. She's devoted to the dinosaurs and determined to have them rise again - not particularly at the expense of other creatures, but she thinks they're grand and wants them to have a chance.
I typed up a big bunch of background here, but then I realised all you need to know for this purpose is this: there is a whole continent that is pretty much completely uninhabited by man or beast, that is up for grabs if the right person can switch off the device that's keeping it uninhabited.
The Druid is arranging things to hasten the switching off so she can take her dinosaurs there to breed and develop, but that's pretty neutral, or even good. What makes her villainish is this: the main continent (you know, usual fantasy stuff, where all the people live) is between the dinosaur continent and the empty continent. She's intending to march the whole lot - hundreds of thousands of dinosaurs, at least - straight across. She can control them, but her control is not complete and she doesn't particularly care about the wellbeing of anyone in her way. It's not taking over the world-scale villainy, but it will do a LOT of damage across this continent.
The party, should this ever happen, can help her, oppose her, or find another way, or whatever else if they're able.