View Single Post

Thread: Fixing the Soulknife?

1. - Top - End - #6
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Fixing the Soulknife?

Allow the soulknife to manifest the mindblade as a wider variety of bladed weapons from the get-go. Say, include longsword(not balanced for TWF, so main-hand only unless penalties are taken) and greatsword(needs both hands) equivalents. Either have reach/ranged-weapons require a feat or be unlocked after a handful of levels. Or just pick out a handful of weapons, say, halberd, longsword, shortsword, guisarme, throwing axe.

Allow the soulknife to manifest as many mindblades as the soulknife has limbs to use them proficiently (so basically, the ability to dual wield mindblades).

Maybe make psionic strike something they have to expend their psionic focus in order to make it apply to all attacks in a round with the mindblade.

Shorten the amount of time it takes to reassign the "enchantments" on the mindblade. Say, make it an expenditure of psionic focus or make it something that takes 1-5 minutes of concentration if one wants to do it, say, between combats as opposed to having the option to do them in combats. Makes it much less of a "well, I chose wrong today, sorry guys my weapon's mostly useless now"

Give Multiple Throw at 6th level and give the class full BAB.

Decide what you're going to do about making their weapon magic and give them the +1 at either 2nd or 3rd level. I favor the idea of giving them a pool of +X equivalent to put on it. So if they had a +5 pool, they could make a +1 Keen(+1) Holy(+2) Ghost Touch(+1) Mindblade. Or so that a Mindblade automatically counts as at least a +1 weapon so the +X can be used to either bump it up to a +2-5 or just give it nifty enhancements without having one always going directly to making it magic.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2010-04-12 at 04:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide