View Single Post

Thread: Paladins choice

1. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Paladins choice

Quote Originally Posted by Szar_Lakol View Post
    You can stop a child molester without torturing them.
    I thought it was pretty clear i was talking about others...

If you torture bob the child rapist to death, you save amber the 9 year old from being raped and murdered by james, because james heard what happened to bob and is too afraid to do so himself.
    You saved amber from james. Not saving amber from james because of some flimsy moralistic excuse (torture is always evil) is an evil act in of itself. I wasn't saying that torturing bob will make bob himself reform his ways

If you gave bob a second chance and released him on an unsuspecting public and like the other 98% of rapists released from prison he becomes a repeat offender you are DEFINITELY responsible for his victims and you have definitely done evil by releasing him.

EDIT: and doing this sort of evil via an "ignorant" (according to my beliefs; not universal; many would say I am the one being ignorant) desire to do good is fairly understandable, very common, and forgivable to a degree.
    Last edited by taltamir; 2010-04-12 at 07:18 PM.
    I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not Superman!

the glass is always 100% full. Approximately 50% of its volume is full of dihydrogen monoxide and some dissolved solutes, and approx 50% a mixture of gasses known as "air" which contains roughly (by volume) 78.08% nitrogen, 20.95% oxygen, 0.93% argon, 0.038% carbon dioxide, and trace amounts of other gases.