View Single Post

Thread: Paladins choice

1. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Paladins choice

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    Not to mention, couldn't you punish or kill Bob the child rapist in a detterent-y way (even though I'm not sure myself how effective that idea is, I'm just running with it) without actually torturing him? It's sometimes a fine line, I admit...but sometimes it's not a very fine line at all.
    Maybe you could... do you have a specific suggestion?
    Recall some people argue that capital punishment in of itself is always wrong and that killing should never be a deterrent; the whole torture as a deterrent is just taking it one step further.

I totally accept that my belief on the subject is not the only one and that some people genuinely believe that what I think to be "good" is "evil" and that what I think to be "evil" is "good" and that my values are in no way universal (my values just happen to be the correct ones and theirs are the incorrect ones *wink*).
    Last edited by taltamir; 2010-04-12 at 06:50 PM.
    I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not Superman!

the glass is always 100% full. Approximately 50% of its volume is full of dihydrogen monoxide and some dissolved solutes, and approx 50% a mixture of gasses known as "air" which contains roughly (by volume) 78.08% nitrogen, 20.95% oxygen, 0.93% argon, 0.038% carbon dioxide, and trace amounts of other gases.