View Single Post

Thread: Paladins choice

1. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Paladins choice

Quote Originally Posted by Anterean View Post
    I did not write to to turn this into a debate whether or not Miko was a shinning example of all a paladin should be, because we all know she was not.
    However that is just not how it went down

What I meant was that if even a paladin as self absorbed and powerful as Miko considered helping the commoners important and not only concern her self with world changing events, then every paladin properly should.
    I agree... you should show concern and compassion and willingness to help.
    Although if you are really on a world shattering event you could just say "look, you should really resolve this or go to the police" and make a mental note to check back on them after having saved the bus full of orphans / the country / world.
    But it is really a matter of perspective there... I would as a DM ask the paladin "why are you walking away" and have a different reaction if the response was "I don't care about them", "they are just lesser beings", "I am not letting millions die so I can solve a domestic dispute" or "they have a right to private and neither of them wants aid or to press charges" or any other response.

And I am not even sure "I just don't care" warrants an automatic fall... (and I would ask "why don't you care, specifically")
    Last edited by taltamir; 2010-04-12 at 06:46 PM.
    I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not Superman!

the glass is always 100% full. Approximately 50% of its volume is full of dihydrogen monoxide and some dissolved solutes, and approx 50% a mixture of gasses known as "air" which contains roughly (by volume) 78.08% nitrogen, 20.95% oxygen, 0.93% argon, 0.038% carbon dioxide, and trace amounts of other gases.