View Single Post

Thread: Paladins choice

1. - Top - End - #103
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Paladins choice

Quote Originally Posted by taltamir View Post
    If I recall, the sorceress and her dad who used to be bandit kinds? (wasn't he chaotic good and she chaotic neutral?)...
    1) They were bandits up until they died.
    2) Where on earth are you getting him being Chaotic Good and her being Chaotic Neutral?
    3) Rich said in the commentary on one of the books that he considered Samantha clearly evil, her father dark-side-of-neutral at best.
    they got murdered when they told her to buzz off.
    4) And when you say, "Told her to buzz off," you mean told her, "You'll serve me or you'll die! Hold Person!" And when you say "murdered," you mean "killed in clear and unambiguous self-defense." Really, there are things Miko did that you actually can condemn her for. You don't need to spin one of the times she didn't do anything wrong in this painful-looking fashion.
    5) Torture is unambiguously evil. Paladins don't do evil things and stay unFallen--not because they want to and not because they can imagine a way that torturing one person will scare everyone else into acting better.
    6) "Not torturing is an evil act" is just plain goofy.
    7) Okay, you disagree with the Geneva Conventions. Given that we're not allowed to talk about real-world issues here, I have a question about D&D, specifically: Do you think there's even a minuscule chance that any of the authors who wrote the D&D alignments and/or the paladin class meant Not Torturing to be one of the evil acts a paladin falls for--or didn't mean Torturing to be one of the evil acts a paladin falls for?
    Last edited by Kish; 2010-04-12 at 08:21 PM.