Quote Originally Posted by Zeful View Post
It's a little to early for most of that. There needs to be some solid grounding of the abilities and their costs (the supposed Author codex would have what for a cost? Everything you write being real?) before people can actually start suggesting abilities.

As for plot, it's clear that Ben's going to become a page, you dropped really big hints ("our world", both his parents and his uncle were pages and he knows nothing? Seriously?), and I feel compelled to chew you out for using such a cliche. Honestly I'd had the Uncle Awaken in response to Ben. After all the conditions aren't very well understood and are hugely different between people. Given his friendship with a jock and an... normal schoolgirl, there's going to be some confrontation when Eve Smith (also that's an obvious pseudonym that it can't be. A last name like Cooper or any of the "-son"s would be a better option).
I don't want to give away too much but you're assuming a couple things. I'm not going to take abilities unless I really feel like they would work in the storyline - there's no guarantee that I will use that Codex.

Also, Ben's uncle has not been explicitly stated to be a Page yet. Pages aren't the only ones who know about their world.