1. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: What do you think of when you hear "Dragon"?

This definitely bears mentioning:

"My Dragon"

Mind you, there are a lot of different distinct personalities among the draconic types--ranging from aloof golds, power-trippy reds, prankster coppers, and so on. Its actually kinda a pet peeve of mine how shallow and homogeneous dragons are in most fantasy novels, never displaying any intelligence or personality, and doing little beyond sleeping on a hoard while waiting for adventurers to slay them. And in actual play, they're not even that much--just another sack of treasure and HP.

Spoiler
    Show
    Mugshots of the 10 classic wyrms from when they're a bit older:

Black Blue
    Green
    Red White
    Brass Bronze
    Copper
    Gold Silver

That being said...I like to think of dragons as a force of nature. Awesome power on all fronts, cunning and wisdom beyond what most mortals are capable, and absolutely unstoppable in their given territory.

Part of the reason they rely more on sorcery in 3.5 is, imho, because magic is overpowered in 3.5, such that the only way to compete with magic, is more magic, regardless of how powerful you'd be otherwise, so that does spoil the image a bit.
    Last edited by Shalist; 2010-04-29 at 07:49 PM.
    Dragons in the Playground (true dragons rebalanced and fleshed out to be playable characters without any class levels).