1. - Top - End - #27
    Banned

Default Re: [3.5] Devoted Soulknife (Soulknife build that doesn't actually work. : (

Quote Originally Posted by Greenish View Post
    What I meant to say is that it's a sword made of glow. Sting was metal (and only glowed when there were orcs nearby).
    If I was to guess, the idea that it flashes out of nothing is part of the reason.
    Whereas I would say that these are the only reasons. A fairly tenuous connection, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenish View Post
    "Warlock" doesn't quite evoke the same picture as "jedi" (not that "soulknife" is that close either, but it's closer). Besides, it's not quite so widely known, like you pointed out.
    Maybe not "Jedi", but it fits "Sith" to a tee.
    And a lightsaber should be a touch attack anyway. It really doesn't matter how hard you swing it, after all.

Anyhow, I wanted to share this passage on Soulknives from Untapped Potential - if WotC had implemented this, how different would the class have been?

SOULKNIVES AND PRESTIGE CLASSES
    Sometimes, a soulknife may qualify for a prestige class with “+1 level of existing manifesting class” as part of a normal class benefit. This increased psionic training helps those who follow the path of the mind blade as well as the path of the manifester. At each level where a manifester level would increase by one, treat the soulknife as if he had gained a level of soulknife for the purposes of Mind Blade and Mind Blade Enhancement.

It’s less common, but sometimes a multiclass soulknife enters one of these prestige classes with a bit of manifesting talent. In this special case, each indicated level of the prestige class advances both the soulknife’s mind blade and mind blade enhancement as above, and his existing manifesting prowess by one level.
    I think it would have allowed for much more cohesion with existing psionic PrCs (like Slayer) and made the class feel more "psionic" as a whole. The power boost from better PrCs isn't bad either. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Optimystik; 2010-05-05 at 05:35 PM.