View Single Post

Thread: [3.5] Ekolids under CR'ed?

1. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] Ekolids under CR'ed?

Quote Originally Posted by Greenish View Post
    Well, he could just as well use a greatsword (the only reason not to have one around would be carrying capacity). We'll assume he has 14 Strength, which is not unreasonable for a more martial factotum. Assuming average rolls and just two uses of cunning strike, we'd get 28.5 damage before DR. 2d6 (greatsword) + 3d6 (iaijutsu focus) + 2d6 (cunning strike) + 2 (strength) + 2 (knowledge devotion).

Even after DR, that's more than half of the critter's hitpoints gone with the factotum's first turn. If the critter is flying, the factotum will have to settle for a thrown weapon, most likely light hammer (d4 with 20' range increment) or throwing axe (d6 with 10' range increment).
    Or, he could be a baller, and hurl greatswords at it. I mean, that's totally possible, and with an AC of 17, he might actually HIT it. The penalty for throwing a non-thrown weapon is what, -4? At level 4, that's not insurmountable. However, it IS totally manly, meaning I approve wholeheartedly. Greatsword-throwing Iaijutsu Focusing Factotums Away!

Disclaimer: This ENTIRE POST is tongue-in-cheek, Boci, don't you dare get tetchy with me about throwing greatswords.
    Last edited by arguskos; 2010-05-08 at 11:32 PM.

All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.