Quote Originally Posted by Boci View Post
Wow, a character with the dice on his side who is specifically build for an encounter is actually good at it?

1.If you're using iaijutsu focus, you're probably using gnome quick razor. And let be honest, how many factotums actually do wield a greatsword even if they can?
2. How reliable are you hitting 3d6 extra damage with iaijutsu at level 4?
3. As I said earlier, the RAW implies you cannot get more than 1d6 exztra damage with cunning strike.

You have specifically taiored the character for this encounter and are assuming a very leniant DM and the luck of the dice. Even if we assume my first estimate was a bit short, 1d6 (short sword) + 2d6 (iaijutsu focus) + 1d6 (cunning strike) + 2 (strength) + 2 (knowledge devotion) +4 (inteligence) is going to be a more commonly seen, and thats an average of 17 damage after DR. A lot, but now you had better pray it does not act beofre you party members, becayse if it does, that 7 attacks, and then its leaving in the same turn, only to be back at full health.
Luck of the dice, sure, but I'm not sure how he tailored the character to the encounter. This same greatsword-chucking factotum, as suboptimal as it is, would still do a comparable amount of damage to pretty much any enemy, consdering he can pull off this combo with non-greatsword weapons too.