View Single Post

Thread: [3.5] Ekolids under CR'ed?

1. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: [3.5] Ekolids under CR'ed?

Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    Uh, Boci, none of what Greenish threw out there was even remotely implausible. This is why Factotums are good, because that WASN'T tailored for this encounter, it was something Factotums just DO. I've seen a great deal of Factotums carry greatswords (why carry something smaller if you are combat-focused, don't have a better exotic weapon, and have the strength to make it matter),
    If you're using iaijutsu focus you will probably be using a quick gnome razor, since that allows more frequent uses of iaijutsu damage (but does not do that much damage, making it bad for a blitzer). A lot of factotums who do not want to spend a feat slot will stead choose a feycraft fineasable weapon. I have never seen a factotum wield a greatsword, so they might not wield one.

we've already accepted Iaijutsu Focus as being acceptable,
    So have I which is why I included it in every dice calculation. Not all DM's do however.

Cunning Strike has no limitations and none that is implied, where is any of this unlikely?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113400

EDIT^2: Also, uh, he claimed average rolls, not "the dice favoring him". Just sayin'.
    Average rolls do not allow you to win initiative, hit and get 3d6 on iaijutsu focus in the same round.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenish View Post
    Actually, I used the average rolls for that.
    Average rolls does not mean you roll a 10 on everything.

I'm using a rather generic martial factotum
    Everything about the build involves dealing a lot of damage in the first round. Not every factotum takes knowledge devotion, some pump FoI to be able to endurantly use IP throughout the battle.

Not every factotum wield a great sword.

Not every factotum is allowed to take iaijutsu focus and use cunning strike multiple times.

with perfectly average rolls, and I don't see where this "very lenient DM" steps into the picture.
    I already explained why.

Why on Earth would he use short sword? Seriously.
    Weapon finesse + feycraft? Or thats what they want their character to wield?

RAW implies monks aren't proficient with their fists. Also, there's the Sage's ruling for what it's worth.
    Many DMs feel the "jack of all master of none" implies a factotum should never be able to out SA a rogue.
    Last edited by Boci; 2010-05-09 at 12:08 AM.
    "It doesn't matter how much you struggle or strive,
    You'll never get out of life alive,
    So please kill yourself and save this land,
    And your last mission is to spread my command,"

Slightly adapted quote from X-Fusion, Please Kill Yourself